A great way to maintain positive mental health is by journaling. Freewriting can help you acknowledge your emotions and process them. You don’t need anything fancy to write in so a regular notebook will work. If you decide you really like journaling and find that it benefits you, maybe dedicate 1 specific journal for all your thoughts or start a bullet journal. Sometimes it can be hard to think of what to write about, especially if you are trying to process your thoughts and emotions so journal prompts can be really helpful.
1. What are 5 things you love most about yourself?
2. What would you tell your future self?
3. What person do you look up to most and why?
4. I am grateful for…
5. What do you need less of in your life? More of?
6. What does your ideal day look like?
7. Read today’s horoscope. Write about why you agree or disagree.
8. What is your happiest memory?
9. What color describes how you’re feeling right now?
10. How do you want to be remembered in life?
11. Pretend money doesn’t matter. What would you do?
12. Write a letter to younger you about where you are in life right now.
13. What are some hobbies that you want to start?
14. If you could have any superpower, what would you choose?
15. Today I love myself because…
16. What are you most proud of?
17. A long-term goal I have is…
18. I want people to think of me as…
19. What are you afraid of?
20. What are 10 things that make you happy?
21. If you could relive one moment, what would it be?
22. Write the words that you need to hear right now.
23. Write about something that you forgive yourself for.
24. 5 things I like about my appearance are…
25. What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
26. What gives you a sense of satisfaction?
27. What relaxes you?
28. What is causing you stress?
29. What steps can I take to be the most confident version of myself?
30. Write about your first love- whether a person, place, or thing.
31. What have you learned from your most recent mistake?
32. I feel happiest in my skin when…
33. What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
34. What would your childhood self, love about your current self?
35. What question would you most like answered?
36. What helps me slow down and feel more present?
37. I practice self-care and self-love by…
38. I will challenge myself by…
39. Name a book that spoke to you on a personal level. Why?
40. If you had a theme song, what would it be?
41. What do you enjoy most about your favorite hobby?
42. What do you look for in a close friend? Do you have those characteristics?
43. Discuss how the people in your life make you feel. How do you perceive yourself after spending time with them?
44. True or false: “I know how to stick up for myself.” Explain.
45. You just moved into your dream home. Look out the kitchen window. What do you see?
46. Write about a missed opportunity. What could you do differently next time?
47. What does self-love mean to you?
48. Who is the closest person to you?
49. You only have 10 days left on earth, what will you do?
50. Write about a secret no one knows about you.
I hope these journal prompts help you on your journey towards better mental health and mindfulness! If you discovered new things about yourself after writing and want to share, I’d love to hear about it in the comments!